Friday, May 06, 2005

Dental Health Care?

Today I had a traumatic visit to the dentists. I went to find out if the wisdom tooth that is giving me jip was coming through properly. After putting my mind at rest by saying "We'll just wait to see if there's enough room for it to come through and then decide if we need to take it out" (thanks for that) and prescribing some antibiotics for the infection I found myself pinned down with several implements of torture in my mouth while he replaced a filling that had nothing to do with why I went there in the first place. After he had completely numbed my face and I had my mouth open as far as it would go (dignified!) he said "Did you used to live in Creigiau" to which I replied "Urgh Uh Uh" read " How did you know that?" to which he replied "I used to live there too, you lived in Parc y Felin didn't you?". I felt suitably freaked out by this as I didn't even recognize him and he knew which street I lived in! Weird.

Anyway he then tortured me for 40 minutes and charged me £21 for the privilege of leaving me looking like a stroke victim.

On a more pleasant note, my friend Sunny came to visit today, again someone I hadn't seen for ages. We had a right laugh about old times and looked through old photos of when we traveled Europe together after university. Bili and Steve are due any minute too for an evening of drinks and playstationing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home